Re: [T3] difficult downshift

>>Is it HARD to get into 2nd, or just hard to find the right 2nd gear
spot?<<

Hard to get into gear, as if there's no gear there to engage. It's
completely random, sometimes it's just fine, other times there just is
no 2nd there. The surprise 4th gear thing is odd because when it happens
I only find out when I let the clutch out, the position of the shifter
seems consistent with 2nd. As of yesterday upshifts into 2nd are also
iffy, so things seem to be progressing. Russ mentioned the front trans
mount--last time it was up on a rack I noticed it was cracked but it
still seemed pretty solid, maybe now it's gotten worse. I'll start
there. It'll have to wait until I'm back from a trip to Portland, though
(not in the Squareback--rental car). Toby, Peter, and all, I'll be on
the lookout for you on the road...

Scott
62 343, 65 361