Re: [T3] FI fuel pump.

Hey.. how hard is it to find a good used
fuel injection fuel pump for a 72?

Hey that car is nice, I'd go for it .
Are you sure that pump is not fixable by
cleaning ? If not then the brushe or the internal
parts have given up it's ghost.
Yes the Bosch pump is very expensive,
about 300 to 400 bucks but will last you
30 years.

My pump gave up it's ghost permanently.
even banging it with the rod did not
work anymore so I had to buy another.
The expensive Bosch pump was out of the
question. I had an alternative , my
brother used to work at a parts store and had
a bunch of catalogs. He showed me two : one
Bosch EFI catalog and the other a Carter
EFI catalog. Guess what? , the Carter book
had our EFI and car listed.

I found out that the Carter pump was
only 150.00 dollars and was made for
our EFI. When I got the part ,it was in
a Carter box but inside was a genuine
new (not rebuilt ) Bosch pump.

Moral of the stoy , you do not have to buy
Bosch to get a Bosch part.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA