[T3] oil cooler problems...

Hey everyone,
    I wasnt able to install my oilcooler today, because the stud on the new
brazilian AS41 case of my new stock longblock is to big to fit through the
hole in my oil cooler... what gives?  were the cases manufactured like this
to fit late type 1 oil coolers?  i dont think there is any way to remove this
stud from the case to replace it.. im rather leery of drilling out the hole
in the oil cooler to make it bigger, but i dont think ill be able to find
late oil cooler that fits this stud...  and one of the hole looks 8mm and the
other looks 10mm.. i havent measured, but looking at the seals and stuff...
they sure dont look the same.. .so  whats the general opinion?  Help me out
guys, i need to get my car back on the road!
Thanks a bunch.

*Jerrod*
67 Fastback