Re: [T3] brake lights

crunchtoast@yahoo.com writes:

<< I've been having a problem where I'm getting told by
 drivers on the road that my brake lights aren't going
 on.  I've tested them out, and sure enough, if I'm
 braking lightly, they don't go on, but when my foot
 goes all the way down the pedal, the lights will work.
  I know the emergency flashers, reverse lights, and
 the normal running lights are normally functional.
 Does anyone have any idea how I can adjust the
 sensitivity of the brake lights? >>

I had the same problem a few years back with my 69 fasty, my problem was that
my switch was shot.  mabey you can try bleeding your brakes.  I beleive later
models have a back up switch in cas one half of your dual circuit master
cylinder goes out.  how are your brakes otherwise?? if your brakes are fine
then you need to take a look at the switch. Its on your master cylinder, take
a look at it and go from there.  most of the manuals explain this in great
detail.

good luck!

Jeremy
67sqbk