[T3] altitude corrector

hi vee dubbers

here is a big ol stinking long link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=altitude+corrector&hl=en&group=rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled&safe=off&rnum=3&selm=g13e4.14569%24s5.166902%40news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com

if you can't click to it try

http://groups.google.com/

search for:

rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Search only in rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

for

here's the text:

Robert,

I own such a book, it is "How to adjust, repair and
rebuild SOLEX 1 & 2 barrel downdraft carburetors for
maximum performance."  It is published by Motorbooks
International, PO Box 2, 729 Prospect Avenue, Osceola,
Wisconson 54020.  Published in 1987.
ISBN number 0-87938-253-8 (soft).

It was first published by Carbooks, Inc. in 1973.
Don't know if it would have specific information
for your particular application, but its general
information and diagrams are priceless.
You might try your local book store with the ISBN number
to see if its still in print.

Hope this helps!

- Fat Freddy

Robert Hall <wiens@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Does there exist any books that instruct how
> to rebuild Solex
> carburators? I've seen many books outlining
> the rest of the engine but
> nothing for carbs. Thanks.
>             Robert Hall
>             74 THING

   ****************end of text***************

so i checked RAMVA's Site@

http://www.bug-bits.freeserve.co.uk/ramva/index.htm

no post by fat freddy

i'm posting to ravmva and see if any new info is out there

this would be a great addition to the
Obsolete Air-Cooled Documentation Project

http://www.vintagebus.com/docs/docproject.html

while yer there see if you own altitude corrector PN#
211 129 501 and consider if you would be willing to swap for it

http://www.vintagebus.com/docs/5867part/125.png

Aloha
Ken Alford
http://home.earthlink.net/~labmission/index.html