RE: [T3] Sound deadening material??

Jim Adney wrote:

>...but I'm curious why anyone would tear out the OE stuff...

In my case I removed the OE tar boards so that I could repair and POR15 coat the floor pans.  On both my 71 Fasty and on the 66 Square, I was unable to remove the OE tar boards without destroying them.  The panels from McMaster Carr look like they will be good replacements, although a bit thinner than the OE tar boards.  They are also considerably cheaper then they automotive aftermarket products like Dynamat.

I also plan to use the panels in the doors, rear quarter panels, around the engine compartment (at least on the Fasty), and maybe the roof, to help quiet the vehicle down.  These kind of panels are used extensively on new cars for sound and heat control.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (???)