Re: [T3] Shock question

I know what you mean about the back
> seat; it's so bouncy even without allowing for the suspension that people
> tend to bounce into the headlining every time you go over a big bump!

There's a great extract from a MIRAS Analysis of a 1969 1600TLE Fastback
describing how on the 'single bump' section of the test track the rear seat
passenger was lifted from the seat at 25mph, at 35mph the driver too was
almost unseated and the rear wheels lost contact with the ground, while at
40mph  the rear seat passenger hit the roof and the seat hard and the front
passsenger hit his knee on the window handle; at this speed the test was
terminated. (!)

The images this conjures up are hilarious, but luckily we don't often take a
'sleeping policeman' at 40 mph.

The Fastback has a thinner anti-roll bar on the front, which may explain
some of the softness.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/