Re: [T3] front disc brakes

On 30 Apr 2001, at 16:22, connie schmitt wrote:

> I have a '71 fastback and I was wondering if both pistons
> are suppose to come out went I put an air hose on the brake
> line inlet or just one and I can't seem to get any pressure
> in the line when I try to bleed them,

Both pistons SHOULD move, but commonly only one actually
does. The most common failure mode is for one of the pistons to
stick in its bore due to rust. Getting them both out can be quite a
task. I rebuild these for $50 each, if there are no broken bleed
valves.

Once one piston has moved out past its seal, you won't be able to
develop pressure any more.