Re: Parts and stuff....

On your fuel pump and relay question.
Very first thing to have is your fuel injection schematics,
do you have these ? The physical location of my pump is
on front of the car under the gas tank behind the suspension
on the suspension assembly. Better to access this by removing
the front passenger tire, this way you can see the old location.
It is best to check another car out about exact mounting
location if you cannot find it. My unit has rubber mounts that attach
to the pump bracket and suspension bracket, if you are incomplete
be creative but do not damage anything to do this, the
objective is to place the pump closest to the fuel tank outlet where
we have our strainer located this way the fuel pours in the pump
to prime it automatically and not cause the pump to suction hard
to get gas in there . The P or D letter on the pump stands for
pressure so that hose would go to the pressure in of the
pressure regulator (at the engine) will go here. the R stands for return
so the pressure return on the left side of the engine will attach here.
The electical part of the pump : Negative or minus sign (-) goes to
a good earth ground.. The positive goes to a relay that I beleive
shuts down after a few seconds by its own mechanism or by
the computer controlls. I have to look this up unless somebody else
clarifies this. The german relays are standardized with connection
numbers on the relay. I forgot what these are I have to look it up.
If you hold a german relay in your hand, the blade connections
have numbers next to them , some numbers mean power to the relay
others mean power of component to be switched on.
If you can read electical symbols, some relays have pictures on the side
with a "map' or schematic of these. Send me an e-mail on waht relays you
have
and I will clarify the Bently scat and the relay connectors corresponding
when I get home to my book. These relays get power from a fuse that
gets power when you turn the key this switches the pump or whaterever
Items are relayed. Relays are used to protect your switches
and wires from burning up from too much power. The pump
relay is on top of the steering coulumn on older cars and on newer
cars the relays are a part of the fuse box, just unscrew , pull
it down and you will see the sockets where they go.
The brain relay I beleive is located next to the regulator under the back
seat.
If you have some knowlege or practice on electrical on cars ,
you can make all of these connections up. It just takes understanding
of why things are wired in a car then everything will fall
into place, that is why some guys are able to do custom
electrical jobs. E-mail  me tonight at home at
martinezl@icanet.com.mx if you still need to clear up some
relay stuff, I will have my book and a relay in hand. Lots
of these can be found in Mercedes or BMW's , just under
the hood (I get many good ones).

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA