Re: [T3] Push Rod Tubes

Subject: Re: [T3] Push Rod Tubes

> ok that is what i was looking for , i seen scat has a set of gold anodized
> alum push rod tubes for $53.75 .. what orginaly had happened was when i
> replaced my cylinders i reused the old tubes and they just kept leaking ,
so
> i bought a set of Bugpack Nylon tubes and i guess they where just cheep
> (Sorry Bugpack) and from what Scat advertises on there Scat Blue Tubes
> (Nylon) is that other's that copyed from them do tend to melt , so that
may
> have been my problem.. im just to lazy to take my heads back off after i
got
> the motor running perfect except for leaks hehehe

You can reuse the old purshrod tubes, if you carefully stretch them back out
about 1/4", stretching both ends equally. I only recommend this in an
emergency, but it can be done.
I have done this several times while repairing someone traveling's engine on
a sunday afternoon.
I was lucky or unlucky, depending on how you look at it, that AAA and
several towing services had my name and phone number at that time.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/