[T3] ISP West - My Tale of Woe

I recently ordered some parts from ISP West.  I emailed back and forth with
one of their representatives before placing an order via their web page.
Since I am in Canada I was concerned about shipping details so I was very
careful that the details were crystal clear before I placed my order.  The
ISP West rep assured me of two things:

1)  My order would be sent regular mail
2)  The declared value of the package would be $25 or less

Part 1 is open to some interpretation.  My order was sent AIR mail.  To me
regular mail means SURFACE mail.  Part 2 is important because items valued
over $25 are subject to duty and handling fees when I get them.  I always
get this detail cleared up before I make any orders from the US.  As I said,
I was ASSURED that the package would be declared as $25 or less.

When my parcel arrived it had been sent AIR MAIL.  Also the declared value
of the shipment was $100!  (My order was only for $80!)  In the end I had to
pay over $20 US for absolutely no reason.  I sent a very polite email to ISP
West expressing my disappointment and received no response.  A week or so
later I sent another email.  This time I re-attached my first message
because mail does get lost sometimes.  I also asked if somebody could please
respond to my message.  Still I have received no response.

I don't believe that ISP West deliberately overvalued the parcel just so I
would have to pay extra.  What really bothers me however is their lack of
response to my complaint.  I just want to warn everybody to BE CAREFUL when
dealing with ISP West.  In future I will certainly try to get my parts
elsewhere.

Later
Andre