Re: [T3] Distributor Drive Shaft Problem Is Worse

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:50:56 -0500, Jim Adney wrote:

>On 26 Apr 2001, at 12:37, Mark Healey wrote:
>
>> I mentioned earlier that my distributor drive shaft was in wrong.
>> Today I tried to fix it.  I went out and got a rare earth magnet
>> (nothing else was strong enough to pull it out).  I got it out and got
>> the washer.  I put the washer back and tried to put it back in.  It
>> wouldn't go all the way down.  Now the magnet can't pull it back up.
>
>There should have been TWO washers in there! Is there any
>chance that you dropped one?

I doubt it.  I stuck a straightened hanger in there as soon as I had
the distributor out and slid the one that I felt along it.

Are you sure about there being two?  Bently says "washer".

>All in all I would be MUCH more concerned about that second
>washer.

I'm starting to think that I should take it apart just to be sure.

Mark Healey
71 FI auto square
71 FI manual square
marksvw@healeyonline.com