Re: [T3] Steering wheel?

On 26 Apr 2001, at 0:34, Jason Cornfeld wrote:

> Hey Guys!1 I Have a question.. some of you may be able to help me.. maybe
> Jim Adney.. What kind of steering wheel should my 1970 T-III Have in it??

A 70 should have the older style steering wheel.

> the other question i have is, was my 70 supposed to have a Carcoal filter
> next to the engine? I went to the junkyard today and saw most of the squares
> i saw had a charcoal filter on the left side of the compartment in front of
> the pressure sensor??

Having the charcoal filter to the left of the engine was a 1 year
thing, and maybe it was only part of a year, but it WAS during the
70 model year. That was a major screw-up with all the room it took,
so it was later moved to above the transmission where there was
plenty of wasted room for it.

BTW, Jason is still looking for an MT 70-71 intake air distributor.
Anyone got one?