Re: [T3] gas in oil

On 24 Apr 2001, at 20:54, Joseph M Evans wrote:

> if i am right then their is only one way for gas to get into the crank
> case. By way of the rings. If I am wrong and someone knows better let
> me know. I guess I just need to run a pressure test and listen for
> where the air leaks.
>
> I fixed the FI harness and figured that would give me the power I need
> but when I started the engine gas started pooring out of the muggler
> on both sides.

Was the gas actually coming out of the tailpipe? I doubt it; it's
much more likely that you saw it dripping off the sides of the
engine, probably off the bottom of the heat exchangers. If you look
at the top of the engine you will probably see the actual source of
the leak, which is probably leaky hoses or injectors.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054