Re: [T3] door hinges

Well as most anybody on the T34 Registry can tell you :
- remove the door from the car and remove the hinge from the door ( maybe
this could be done with the hinge on the door if it's only the upper one)
This will probably be the hardest part of the procedure.
-Knock out the pin in the hinge (check which way it will more likely move)
using lot's of spray.
-get your local machine shop to make you a few bushings: _______

|_          _|

|____|

(Above is the Bushings profile - use top bulge to take up vertical slack)
Bushings OD should be slightly larger than hole in hinge, and ID should be
same as hinge pin. Preferably from brass (soft material - smooth, but less
lasting).
-Knock  carefully / push bushings into hinges to take up play, if needed
drill hinge holes to bushing diameter.

I had 10 made to find 2 that fit (bad machinist), but now have new doors.
Herman