Re: [T3] Plug wire resistance

=> no effect with the #4 pulled, and slight drop if #3 pulled.
=> If I pull #1 or #2 the motor dies.  ...  Is it possible a weak
=> coil, or bad coil wire would cause only 2 cylinders to not fire?

Not likely. I'd have a good close look at your distributor cap for crud on
the contacts or a crack. Then I'd test for play in the distributor shaft
that might be throwing your rotor off. I think the latter is likely.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann