This is why I don't understand the 8" coil wire having 6 or 7 k ohm
resistance.  There is no resistor visible.  I'm measuring from crimped part
to crimped part and getting resistance 6 times the longer plug wires.
    Tonight I spent another 1/2 hour trouble shooting.  I got the motor
started and after warming up, it would run on it's own, albeit roughly.  I
checked both carbs are operating the same, both squirting gas from accel.
jet etc.  When I started pulling plug wires @ the dizzy end, there is no
effect with the #4 pulled, and slight drop if #3 pulled.  If I pull #1 or
#2 the motor dies.  I can see spark jumping about the same for all four
wires when I hold the wire above the dizzy.  I tried pulling the #3 wire
from the plug end and got a little shock!  Not enough to hurt.  I remember
reading I should hold this end against the case or other "ground" and see a
spark jump, but I don't see anything.  I can hear the spark "ticking" when
I do this, but can't see anything.
    Is it possible a weak coil, or bad coil wire would cause only 2
cylinders to not fire?  I guess if these had worse compressing or some
other defect they would stop first.  Anyway, I have my manual's buried due
to a remodeling project, can someone tell me how to check the coil?
    By the way, as expected, home remodeling project means no tranny
rebuilding project... sigh.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR