Re: [T3] Plug wire resistance

On Tuesday 24 April 2001 08:50, Jim Adney wrote:

> In general, these have only failed when the resistance goes to
> infinity. It is a wire-wound resistor and it only fails open. Even then
> the spark will simply jump the break for a long time.
>
> BTW, if you are lucky enough to still have the OE SP wire set with
> the nice screw-on right angle connectors at the distributor end,
> DON'T throw them away; just replace the bad parts. Did you know
> that you can just cut new wire to go in there? Besides, the late
> wires, with copper wire conductors seldom fails anyway.
>
> -

The last time I tried to buy bulk copper core ignition wire at a parts store,
They didn't want to sell it to me. They said they couldn't sell it for
automotive use. SO......, I told them it was for a lawn mower, and I wanted
20 feet. :=}
I usually just buy bulk wire, and make my own plug wires for VW's. All of the
parts can be purchased seperately.

--
Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org