Re: [T3] gas tank leak

Hey russ,
i had a problem with a seam leaking on my tank. the por15 did the job of
fixing the leak.
i hind sight i should have used pipe cleaners to keep my vents from
clogging. Seems to me that would work great. i would recommend the gas
tank repair kit from por15. it has everything you need to do the job.
have fun!
jesse

ich haben drei deutsch auto...
97 jetta trek
87 golf gt
71 fi squareback

RUSS WROTE....
Well, I have discovered that I have a leak in my gas tank. Both of my
tanks
seem to have leaks at the factory welded seam. If I can't find another
one,
I may have to go with the POR-15 repair.
I think I may have figured out a way to keep the sealer from plugging
the
small external vents. Maybe if I shove pipe cleaners into the vents
before
putting sealer in it.
Has anyone else had problems with the seam leaking?

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/