Re: [T3] Jim you were so right (was: Floor pan replacement)

On 22 Apr 2001, at 20:09, David Yaghoubian wrote:

> I've got a 2 foot long "vein" of rust

Yes, I'm afraid this is typical. It's not your fault, they all fail here
eventually.

Talk to your body people and see what they can do. It's a
complicated structure in there. If they can do a metal repair you
wouldn't need the tar and fiberglass, but it would be good to put
something over it to prevent it from happening again.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054