[T3] Sea Foam

Has anybody ever used the oil addative Sea Foam on their car? does it work?
I have tried two different similar products. The first one had no effect,
the second one seemed to make it worse because it made the oil so thick.
>From what I understand it's supposed to disolve the carbon deposits and junk
on the engine parts. I think I have this problem because I always get chunks
of crap around the oil screen when I change it, and something is making a
loud tapping sound in time with the valves.  Now with the thicker oil the
engine makes all kinds of nasty noises until the oil is warm enough to
lubricate things.  I've heard that Sea Foam is pretty popular in the
midwest...

Barry Viss
'68 Square

NetZero Platinum