Re: (T3) Gas tank seal

Subject: Re: (T3) Gas tank seal

> I believe the VW method for cleaning the tank involves pickling with
> hydrochloric acid or treating with a phosphating solution.  This sounds a
> good procedure and will not seal up the inner fuel reservoir in the FI
tank.
> Check Bentley for the necessary chemicals and instructions.

The problem with this is: These are considered hazardous waste, so now days,
how do you get rid of them after you are done. They can't be just dumped
down the sewers.
Maybe you could take your gas tank to someone who does zinc plating, and
just have them run it through their stripping system (hydrocloric acid) then
zinc plate it inside and out.

Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org
http://www.classicvw.org/