Re: [T3] excessive fuel consumption

On 19 Apr 2001, at 12:10, dubdriver wrote:

> Well I checked the voltage.....right at 14.5.  The pressure sensor
> holds a vacuum just fine.  The line is connected to the manifold
> correctly and the pinching it will immediately shut the engine down.
> I'm going to clamp off the cold start fuel line next and drive it
> awhile and see what that does.... Oh.  checked the trip meter and the
> thing is spot on, so it's not a false reading.

There is a FI harness wire that goes to the starter. Make sure that
this wire is attached to a wire on the starter that is ONLY hot when
the starter is running.

If this doesn't help, or if you don't find that wire, just unplug the
electrical plug on the cold start valve and see if that is better.

Let us know what you find.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org