RE: [T3] Fuel injection question

Kevin said,

Has anyone ever put that FI system on a type III?
Does anyone know if I can get a total mexican beetle
engine or complete fuel injection system?

You can get a turn key engine from Beetlemex in
Nogales, Arizona . They have a nice site on the
internet. Contact them to see if you can get
a complete engine or factory fuel injection,
they buy cars and parts directly from the
Mexican VW and Bosch factory. They sell the
brand new old Beettle for 11 grand due to special
import manuver. I have seen similar systems on
our newer busses . I think the system is called digifant.
Study the system before attempting to purchase and
installing. It is better to learn and understand
the system before even thinking of using it.
This way you will know what you are doing.

I see this system alot in Mexico and yes it does
feel smooth, quiet and strong, just like the newer
design cars: all quirks are engineered out with
more MPG , better than 36 miles per gallon.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA