Re: [T3] Wobbly Steering

> Question....My steering wheel tends to shimmer when taking turns.  Does
> anyone think this is a steering box problem?  I don't lose control of the
> car when this happens, only the steering wheel shakes.
>
> Any ideas?

This is often caused by loose wheel bearings, or any other wear in the
ball-joints or track-rod (tie-rod) ends. The steering damper should stop the
shimmy, but in my experience replacing this doesn't  stop the shimmy. I
would tend to leave the steering box for now unless it's really loose and
needs doing anyway.