RE: [T3] Silly Injector question

 For the D-jetronic.

Our injectors are pretty unique. We are the low pressure
variety. Ours require around 30 psi and about 3V (?foregot?)
to spray the designed flow rate. I beleive this was true
since 1957 when Chrysler corporation came out with this system
through Bedix corporation.

When Jaguar discontinued this system in the early 80's
most cars came out with their own EFI from Japan
and United states. Most european cars use and still
use the non EFI continuous injection system with mechanical
injectors.

I assume the universal injectors from accell are compatible with
American made and Japanese cars as well as some
Volkswagen cars that use the L-jetronic and Digifant.

The injectors from these groups require higher fuel pressures
from 40+ psi to over a hundred , depending on brand and model.
These injectors require more current and voltage to overcome the
fuel pressures. The mists on these are sometimes finer and
for more fuel efficiency.

These will not work on our cars I believe these are for those
American muscle cars with V8's that came with EFI or those
EFI monster engine add ons from Holly, Accell etc...

The Bosch prices you were quoted seemed excessively high.
Maybe you can ask the list if they know of some cheaper price sources.
Have your injectors tested before calling them bad, by an
injector shop. You can
also get rebuilt ones from Bret instruments. You can test your
injectors in your car. If you need nee details on anything I said ,
just e-mail me and I will go into specifics.

LEON MARTINEZ

1969 SQUAREBACK EFI/AUTO
SAN DIEGO AND TIJUANA