[T3] Digifant injection?

Volksters,

I have now the opportunity to get a complete Digifant injection system
from a Vanagon 2.1 1986. Would it be crazy to try to adopt this to the
square engine? I think not, as this is also a VW boxer. And how about
the distributor? Would it fit? The wasserboxer engine case is very
similar to the type1&3 case, has the same dizzy placement, fuel pump
outlet, breather mount etc. How about the inlet manifolds? Would I need
the type3 manifolds? I guess the Vanagon manifolds dont fit the type3
heads. The Digifant has an airflowmeter that adapts the fuel ratio to
the airflow, and a n O2 sensor as well.

I would like any and all thoughts, and no I dont fear the dark side :-)

PerL
73 Variant L