Re: [T3] Re: Auto Trans Governor Questions

On 12 Apr 2001, at 4:38, Greg Mielke wrote:

>     I haven't found the key yet, I'm just heading out to the garage to drain
> the final drive oil. I hope it comes out if it's in there!

Keep in mind that it could have fallen out on the floor sometime
after you removed it, too. Check your floor, etc.

>     Could the governor not spinning be the REAL reason why my Tranny
> wouldn't shift until 30MPH, and then couldn't find second gear.

I wish I knew. Seems at least possible to me. This would be
consistent with the spring that was also missing (if indeed the late
valve body is supposed to have that spring.)

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054