Re: [T3] Neat car on Ebay

On 11 Apr 2001, at 10:01, Michael Geurink wrote:

> Neat car is right.  I've never seen anything like it here in Brasil, but
> then I'm in the rust belt.

Pretty interesting. Type 1 motor with dual carbs and paper air
filters, an alternator, and cooling tin color-matched to the body.
Was any of this likely original? The bracket for the alternator
voltage regulator looks MUCH too substantial to have been
designed for that purpose. I wondered if it was meant to hold a
spare tire, but there doesn't seem to be enough room there. There
looks to be room for a spare in the front, but it's not there anywhere
that I can see.

Notice also the horn ring: it's significantly less than the usual 180
deg. Was this used on any other VW?

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=577160358

-
Jim Adney