[T3] [Fwd: Muffler Questions]

a friend asked to post this to the list........

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Muffler Questions
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:36:53 -0400
From: "Jeff McKenna" <riveria76@hotmail.com>
To: jrivers@globalserve.net, t.daley@sympatico.ca

I bought this muffler off ebay as it was advertised as a NOS type 2
muffler
for 72-74..I got it home only to discover that it's not what was
advertised.

This is the part number off the muffler

typz 10-374
made in W Germany
B Nr. 4210459
typ VW 1500/1600 - 6

here is what the seller claims it is after I told him it wasn't what he
advertised it as

<SNIP>
We sent a second muffler to a company in Georgia...he writes it fit a
TYPE II 1960-62 VW Bus muffler with Stale AIR system ...he said it is
rare
and he resold it for $90.00 U.S.
<UNSNIP>

Can anyone provide me with any info on this muffler??? I think it is a
type
3 muffler but would like to find some concrete evidence to prove it.

cheers...
Jeff Mckenna