[T3] Cross Country Fastback Trip

Hello all,
I've been charged with going back to New York to pick up my wifes 70 fastback
and bring it out to our new location in California. It's been sitting for a
couple of months. Before I left it I gave it a tuneup (valves, ignition
parts, etc) the trunk is full of extra
fuel injection parts and a phase one tool kit.

I have a couple of concerns I just wanted to throw out there to see if
anything would be considered a jobstopper. Since we bought it in 99, it has
blown a nice plume of white smoke upon startup, which dissipates after a
minute. The PO indicated that it needs valve stem seals. I've been driving
type 2's for a decade and I never heard of that. What that leads me to think
is that it burns a little oil. I don't know if I'm correct, but I plan to
keep a close eye on the oil coming across. Also the cold start MPC is
disconnected and the PO told me not to connect it because it causes the
engine to flood. Aside from the speedo and tailpipe being broken, and getting
my legs soaked every time it rains, I can't think of any other problems. It's
an automatic, and I'm generally leary of them as I've always driven a manual
bus, so I've stuck a auto gasket & filter in the trunk in case I'll need it.
Do you think the car will survive 3000 with the smokey startup and
disconnected cold start mpc?  any advice or reprimands welcome.

Chris
70 fastback
72 microb*s
danville ca