Re: [T3] Orphan FI Thermo Switch?

On Mon, 09 April 2001, "Jim Adney" wrote:

> The real question here is WHAT wire is connected to that sensor.
> Can you read the wire # off the end?

You made me go out and look.  There is an "18" on that wire where it connects to the thermo switch.  The 68-69 Bentley diagram (Fig 10.1) shows a wire labeled "30" on the thermo switch (Bentley misprint?).  But there is also shown a wire "18" going to the starter solenoid switch terminal 50, like you suggested.  But since I have no CSV (nor do I have any trace of one), does this thermo switch do anything?  I'm guessing it does nothing.  There are no extra wires in my harness and it does not look like there has ever been a CSV relay installed.  So I wonder why I have that thermo switch.  Anyone else notice this on a 68-69?

-Mark Fuhriman
 '69 Fastback