RE: [T3] FI Wiring Harness and Lowered Compression

On 9 Apr 2001, at 12:37, Fuhriman, Mark wrote:

> > I do have a hole in my right runner to manifold area.
> > Right under this assembly is a metal pipe peice which
> > accepts a hose that goes to the modulator of my
> > automatic tranny. Some EFI's ,I have heard, are slightly
> > different depending if the tranny is automatic or manual.
>
> I don't have any automatic experience, but I thought the vacuum
> modulator pick-off was on the LHS of the manifold.  The pressure
> switch pick-off is on the RHS of the manifold *under* one of the
> intake runners (under the forward runner I think).

Both of these vacuum pickoff points are on the lower right side of
the intake air distributor. They are different diameters and only the
AT intake air distributors have the vacuum modulator pickoff.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054