[T3] my 1972 fastback

Hello... I've recently rejoined the list, and have a couple questions regarding my 1972 Fastback...

after checking some of the literature, i'm pretty sure I have what is labled the "Type 3 basic compact" - as there are no pop-out windows, rear defroster, and the like.  However, one thing that I haven't noticed mentioned anywhere is that there is no flap for the gas tank... I have to pop open the front trunk to put gas in.  In the literature that i've read, i though all VWs from '68 or so on should have the flap, so I was curious what the case was with mine.

i was also curious if anyone in the chicago area had a good body shop to recommend - i have some rust that needs to be cleaned up, and will eventually get my fasty repainted.

thanks - and it's good to be back,

Pat