Re: [T3] Engine Numbers

> Here is the number from my V5: T1013957, This is the number my mechanic
> noted down on his receipt: T0947483. Which should be the correct engine
for my car? Here is my VIN number just in case 3122152829.

Your engine now is about Sept/Oct '71 whereas your car was made around
May/June '72.  The main difference is the ignition timing.  The present
twin-carb engine should have a double vacuum distributor, with a fan pulley
marked with one notch then a bunch of 3.  If there's been a mix 'n' not
match, you could have to work out what mark to use.  There's an ignition
timing chart on the club website to check up on this.

Yes, you are supposed to tell DVLA.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/