RE: [T3] Automatic tranny problems

On 5 Apr 2001, at 6:34, Greg Mielke wrote:

> I have the vacume line from the balance pipe hooked up to the
> vacume acctuator, it'sa new line with hose clamps so it shouldn't
> leak but I will doubble check it. How do I tell which accuator I
> have? As far as I know there are 2 or 3 different ones. Will I need
> a different accuator now that I have switched from injectionto
> carbs?

There are 3 diff vacuum modulators, 2 for FI, 1 for carbs. I don't
know if the 73 FI one will work with your carbs, but the correct carb
one will be hard to find in the US. The VW could also be bent. If it
is not perfectly straight you could try to carefully straighten it, but
this commonly means that it will need to be replaced.

> The kickdown switch is hooked up, I made a bracket to mount it to
> the pivot where the linkage and throttle cable hookup. Although I'm
> still tryingto find a replacement switch, due to a little mishap
> with the air cleaner! (oops) Know where I can find a replacement
> kickdown switch?

They are NLA from VW and extremely hard to find otherwise. Since
you have already made your own bracket, why not just use a
generic microswitch?

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org