RE: Viiiibraaation

On 4 Apr 2001, at 7:08, Chris Picknally wrote:

>     I see your point, yes it does seem like it could be missing a
> cylinder at times though it smooths out at higher RPMs. Might be
> more of a weak spark or cylinder.

It was a long shot, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I doubt if
it has anything to do with the muffler. The checks you've already
done seem to indicate that your wiring is fine.

Make sure that BOTH ends of the pressure sensor hose are
connected.

If that's okay, get a voltmeter and measure the battery voltage after
a drive and at med RPM. It should be above 14 V. If it is below
13.5V replace the voltage regulator with a genuine Bosch.

I have good used temp sensors, but there is only one version and it
sounds like yours is fine.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org