Re: [T3] Lost Key

>>All the paperwork left in the car states that it is 1977 model Type 3
Variant. Rear air cooled flat four. I believe it was purchased in
Belgium. I
will investigate the real age after I can move it.<<

There was a thread on the list a few years back concerning a short
private production run of Type 3s in 1977-78 using surplus NOS parts. I
think it was 20-30 cars or something. As I recall they were described as
consisting of parts from various years but were essentially pre-1970
models assembled later and originally sold/registered as 1977 or 1978
models. Anyone know anything more about this? Was it just some bizarre
hoax, or could it have something to do with this car?

Scott
62 343, 65 361