[T3] Lost Key

I asked yesterday about getting a replacement key. Thanks to those who
answered. There are two numbers on the handle. One is on the back of the key
barrell itself. This number is 9 digits and 1 letter. The other is on the
handle itself near the fixing screw hole. This number is 2 digits 1 letter
then 3 digits. Does anyone know which is the number to use?
All the paperwork left in the car states that it is 1977 model Type 3
Variant. Rear air cooled flat four. I believe it was purchased in Belgium. I
will investigate the real age after I can move it.
Thanks
David.