Re: [T3] Notchback for sale on EBAY

At 11:38 PM 4/3/01 +1000, Simon Glen wrote:
>This is a question for US Type 3 experts.
>
>Currently there is a 1963 Notchback for sale on EBAY with 46,584 miles
>behind it.  The chassis number is 0175326 which means that it was built
>during April 1963.  There seems to be a reserve of US$6,000 on it.  In
>my currency this is AU$12,750 which to me is an incredible price to pay
>for an old Notchback even if it has only done a mere 46,000 miles
>(74,500km).  Is this the sort of price that early Type 3s are getting in
>the USA?

Just from my observations, the Notchbacks seem to have a higher value here
in the US, mostly because of their relative scarcity compared to the
Fast&Squarebacks.  The Notchbacks were never "officially" sold here at all,
and the T3 wasn't "officially" sold here until 1966.  So an early Notchback
in the US is a fairly rare beast, though there's probably more Notches
running around the country than there are 412s, at this point. =)

I used quotes around officially because there was a very early Notch (#10)
that was apparently shipped to the owner of a dealership, and I'm sure it
wasn't the only one.