[T3] Running Hot

Hello All,

Thanks for the great response to the Heated debate question, you all answered many questions but I'm afraid that no one got a pint as we were both right on some front (I personally feel I was more in the right as the argument was about type 3's and he was talking 4's but hey...)

...Anyway new question;

My car seems to get hot and has idle problems after fast runs down the motor way (freeway) and a slight lack of power. I know all the tin is in place and the thermostat is working as I rebuilt it only 1500 or so miles ago. The only thing that I can find which might cause this is the rubber seal that goes behind the louvers, in between the rear wing and body are missing, Would this greatly affect the cooling air into the engine? If so where can I find replacements or how do I fabricate some replacements?

Also I've not checked the fuel pressure or re-adjusted the Valve clearance since the rebuild and its running a 1641 with FI. Could this slight increase in power cause heat problems?

Cheers,

Will
71 1641FI Fastback

P.S. Are any of the British T3ers going to Run to the Sun this year? A Convoy could be a laugh.

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname@nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.