Re: [T3] Heated debate in the office.....

On 1 Apr 2001, at 16:23, fuzzyface57@hotmail.com wrote:

> You'd be very wrong comparing our engines to "Rotory" aircraft
> engines. The "Rotory" Aircraft engine has a crankshaft fixed to the
> airframe (does not rotate) and the crankcase (cylinders and propeller
> attached) rotates around the crankshaft.

So some people think "rotary" properly describes the Wankel, a few
people have pointed out that it has long been used to describe the
"inverted" radial piston aircraft engine, and I maintain that since
all engines incorporate rotating parts that this word is a poor
choice to differentiate any of these.