Re: [T3] Heated debate in the office.....

Dave Hall wrote:

> VW have never badged a Type 3 as Fastback, Notchback or Squareback, though
> they do use it in literature.  The only name that I have seen them labelled
> with is 'Variant', and that wasn't used in the USA.

The fastback is badged as the "T" in the type3 series. The Notchback was just
1600, the Fastback 1600 T and the squareback the 1600 Variant. In addition was
the trim level and injection letters.

The 411 was not a "T" as it was marketed as a sedan just as the Notch and the
Beetle. The 411 was supposed to be (yet another) Beetle successor.

PerL
73 Variant L