Re: type3-d Digest V99 #642

<< Ok, Our 66 square is all stock and still 6 volt , the motor is a single
port
 with a 009 dist. it has the stock early exaust. I have this horrid rattle
 sound that comes from the fan/muffler area. it rattles at idle and then goes
 away as soon as you give it some gas.
  I just had the motor out and resealed the topend so i know everything is
 tight. The muffler looks pretty good and nothing that i can see is rattling.
 Might it be something loose inside the muffler itself?
 anyone have this problem before?
 thanks--------Bryan
 66 square
 69 fastback >>

I also have a 66 square, I just recently put in a new motor and I have a
rattle also, but it only happens when I am accelerating and goes away when I
let off the gas. Im not sure what it is but im going to have the shop that
built the motor check it, unless someone might know what it is.

Karl Koebrick
66' Square  (1776, dual weber DCNF's)
66' Bug       (1600dp, stock)