Re: [T3] Shifter rods & bushings

On 29 Nov 99, at 15:52, Andy.Askren@ogilvy.com wrote:

> I recently went thru all the old work orders that came with my 70 Square
> and found one that said under "work needed": shifter rods and bushings. I'm
> betting these would add up to all the racket I hear when I'm on the highway
> and at high rpms, right? More than that, was wondering how big a deal it is
> to replace these parts. Please tell me I don't need to pull the engine...

Depends on which shift rods they mean. The main shift rod is inside
the pan tunnel and can be removed without pulling the engine or
tranny. However there are 3 other shift rods inside the tanny; these
ride in bores in alum castings which can wear out and require that
the holes be rebushed. It is more likely that your reference is to
the former.

Jim