Re: [T3] Shifter rods & bushings

I think I have the same problem in my 1964 Notch. There is an annoying rattle from the tunnel at LOW rpms and I haven't that exact german feeling in the shifting. It's more like some kind of agricultural vehicle....

The shifter bushing (+clip) behind the shifter is cheap (few $) and the rear shifter coupling is around $20. Make sure you get good quality though.

The procedure is described on the Bugshop page:

    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4000/gotech.htm

This describes replacement in a Beetle, but as far as I know there is only minor differences (removing seats, spare wheel support).

I haven't resplaced the bushing in my Notch yet, but I hope to do it when the car is out of winter storage.

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 1500S Notch