[T3] CA gas line woes, chapter 2?

	I had problems with leaky gas lines in my '70 bus when I had to
disconnect some of them after driving for a few months on California gas.

	Now my '69 Squareback has begun to weep gas in one of the hoses up
front.  Bah, humbug.  I actually don't know their age for certain (shame!),
so who really knows if it's California gas or just age.  I noticed it a
week or two ago when I was futzing with the idle adjustment in the garage.

	I finally got around to shopping for replacement hose today.  Nice
to have 3 VWs but not to have to drive an automobile to get to work or go
shopping!  I can usually do repairs on my own terms.  So, the foreign FLAPS
was closed for the holiday.  Tried Grand Auto.  A mess due to remodeling.
No f.i. hose of my size on the hose rack.  It was five or six bucks a foot
anyway!  Went to Kragen, which only had low-pressure hose, and it was all
out of stock anyway.  Went to another Grand Auto, which was also undergoing
remodeling -- ah, the sign in the window indicates that Grand Auto is in
the process of becoming Kragen.  Gorgeous.  They didn't have the hose I
needed, anyway.

	Don't people work on their cars anymore?  The woman in front of me
at the Grand Auto #2 parts counter was shopping for a new cup holder for
her wheelchair, and they didn't even have any dang cup holders.  What *do*
they sell there?  Hope the foreign FLAPS and/or the Volvo shop are open
Saturday...

	Looks like we'll be forced to take the Beetle instead of the
Squareback to Muir Woods tomorrow.  The Square is much more comfortable!
Argh...

-Greg