Re: [T3] aerial routing

On 27 Nov 99, at 9:06, aedan mcghie/scotland wrote:

> I was wondering if there was any prefered route for the cable running from
> the aerial to the wireless. It's a whole lot simpler on a Beetle with easy
> access to the back of the dashboard.

Yes! At some point VW started adding a predrilled hole. Look way up
high behind the dash on the side panel into the wheel well and you
should find a rubber plug. Remove the rubber plug and pass the wire
through the hole. You MUST install the sealing grommet around the
wire or you will wonder why GALLONS of water are getting pumped into
your passenger compartment when you drive in the rain.

The sealing grommet should come with the antenna.

Jim