Re: SV: [T3] the red light flicker is haunting me....

Or you have your car idleing at to low of a RPM and your oil level is
low....  Ya ever have your VW a quart low and go around a turn and the
Oil light comes on?

HEHEHE My last VW used to use oil like crazy!!! hehehe

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:13:54 +0100 "Sandin, Karl-Olov"
<Karl-Olov.Sandin@MoDoSkog.MoDoGroup.com> writes:

> Stepping up from 10W30 to , say, 20W50 or even 20W60 (rare) should
> "close"
> the gap in your bearings at idle = low oil pressure.
>
> By the way, have you checked the oil pressure relief valve so it
> isn't stuck
> or leaking?
> Or have you tried replace the oil pressure switch with a new switch
> or a
> pressure meter, to determine if the pressure actually IS low at
> idle?
>
> /Karl-Olov Sandin, 73 square FI, Sweden

> Search old messages on the Web!  Visit http://www.vwtype3.org/list/
>

>From Chris Swaffford  S.W. Cincinnati Ohio
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/garage/4265/
73' Yellow Square  61,500mi  Manual
71' Lt.Blue Square  88,000mi  Auto
90 Nissan Sentra & 83 Ford LTD (Gas Hog)