From: Sandin, Karl-Olov [mailto:Karl-Olov.Sandin@MoDoSkog.MoDoGroup.com]
Sent: Friday, November 19, 1999 9:38 AM
To: 'Erkson, Toby'; type3
Subject: SV: [T3] Electrical Turbo

> Remember, this still isn't 'free power' as it takes
> electricity to power the
> device, which ultimately comes from the alternator -- oops, I
> was thinking
> water-cooled cars -- I mean generator.  I'll let the physics
> and electric
> engineers explain how power from the engine is used to create the
> electricity and uses engine hp to do it.
>    Toby Erkson

True, but the electric power from the generator/alternator is produced
constantly during driving and is buffered up in the battery, while the drain
from the electric supercharger probably is intermittent (at acceleration and
hill climbing).
With a well working generator, regulator and a fresh hi-po battery (or two!)
you should be able to handle the momentarily increased drain by the
supercharger.
(Unless you always drive with the gas foot flat on the floor ;-) )

Just my thoughts..
Greetings!

/Karl-Olov Sandin